Wednesday 26 June 2019

Sheba Dramatics


Sheba dramatics of the day!




As mentioned in our first blog, Sheba is susceptible to Seizures and they have been becoming more frequent as the time goes on. Sheba is currently on 10 different medications and she absolutely rattles! I keep a detailed record of all her medications, Heart rate, respiratory rate and other observations so we can notice differences in her presentations.

Today I went into our vets to get Sheba's anti-sickness medication ordered. I left her in the car for approximately 3 minutes and in this time she had managed to climb onto the front seat and was in mid seizure when I got back to the car. She appeared unresponsive and floppy so I quickly picked her up and ran back into the vets with her. She was seen immediately by one of the vets and she came round quite quickly as per usual. This however does not make it any easier in the slightest and by the time we had gotten home, she has already had another seizure in the car and I was ready to have a breakdown! Sheba takes everything in her stride and came home as if nothing has happened, ready for her breakfast after her busy morning!


Luckily we have had a more settled afternoon with her falling asleep with me and both having a small but very well deserved nap. She sleeps right next to me in bed and usually falls asleep with me singing to her. Yes she is incredibly spoilt and is treated like a new born baby, but we really don't know how long we have left with her, therefore making every day count.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sheba's World

Sheba's Best and worst moments.... Having sheba with us for 3 years has been like a rollercoaster. Many many good times, but also so...